Slides from the Unique Learning Needs and Distance Learning presentation.
⏱ When is it? Wednesday, September 9th, 10 am - 12 pm PST
📍 Where can I watch? The event will be streamed on our Facebook page. To attend the event, you will need to go to facebook.com/outschool. The live stream will appear in the feed. If you do not see it, refresh the page. Also, turn on the notifications for Outschool's page, so you can be notified when the live stream begins.
💡 What can I expect to learn from the conference?
- Practical tips on how to help your child get the most of an online class
- Tips for helping learners, particularly those with special needs, focus throughout the school day
- Homeschooling tips and how to incorporate interest-led learning into your everyday curriculum
- Where education is headed and how you can help close the education equity gap
- Quick, info-packed sessions that will give you actionable takeaways
✏️ Introduction 10:00 am - 10:15 am
Hear from the Outschool team on what we're doing to help families navigate the upcoming semester.
✏️ The Online Classroom: How to Make it Productive and Fun for Your Child! 11:15 am - 11:40 am
Learn how parents can make small changes that make a big impact on productivity and engagement in an online classroom.
✏️ Ask a Veteran Homeschooler Q&A 10:40 am - 11:00 am
Curious what it takes to homeschool your kids? In this Q&A session, you can ask a homeschooling veteran all your burning questions.
✏️ Distance Learning & Unique Learning Needs 11:00 am - 11:25 am
Find out what tools and tips can help your learner focus during the school day and navigate distance learning.
✏️ Education Equity & The Digital Divide - 11:25 am - 12:00 pm
How can we ensure all children are receiving a proper education this semester? What can we as individuals do to strengthen our communities and lessen the education gap?