Each April, we observe the beauty of our world through Earth Day.
This year, help your child celebrate by exploring a fun nature topic. Maybe it’s:
- Protecting the bees 🐝
- Tinkering with fossils and crystals 💎 or
- Getting an intro to veterinary science 🐩
With thousands of fun classes about Science & Nature, Outschool makes it easy to turn Earth Day into a time to spark curiosity.
After all, what’s more important than teaching kids to take care of our world?
Here are three Earth Day themes to explore with your young learner this month:
Children love learning when it’s connected to doing.
Recycling is fun because kids can learn it then do something with their knowledge.
- Your young book lover will enjoy recycling story time
- Future artists will appreciate nature-themed crafts
- Kid activists will appreciate recycling and climate change
Learning about animals can take many forms. It's also a chance to help learners develop skills of communication and critical thinking.
- For the child ready to take on new responsibility, consider how to train your pet
- To help build discussion skills, check out debating endangered animals
- To explore animals and gain new language skills, go for sign language for animal names
For the young scientist in your life, Outschool’s wide range of biology classes are the perfect fit.
- If your child loves watching shark week, maybe they’ll want to learn about what an “Elasmobranch” is.
- If they love the back yard or neighborhood garden, have them try a nature scavenger hunt.
- If they have lots of questions about living things, let them take a virtual trip through the cell.
When children get the chance to choose an Earth Day-themed class they love, they’ll be more likely to carry over that curiosity into the natural world.